The younger generation has become very unpredictable, has completely different sets of emotions, likings and is full of anxiety. You often see them struggling to complete their daily routine.
The Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for Teens is a specialized therapy formulated to take care of your teens. MHS DBT & Mental Health Services provides a complete therapy package considering the present scenario found among the teens. It conducts various seminars and training sessions to guide the teens as well as parents.
DBT helps in controlling and changing cognitive behavior from negative thinking to positive thinking. It strikes the core issues of
- Self-destructive thoughts
- Extreme mood swings
- Emotional unpredictability
- Bipolar disorder
The following are the core strategies that are taught to benefit teens in their struggling days and make their life easy-going and joyful.
This is the utmost important and must-do therapy in the DBT. It teaches you to live in the present moment. You are taught to be
- Less judgemental
- Focus on the current scenario
- Have self-control on impulsive behavior
- Create a balance between your inner thought and outer world.
Distress tolerance is to accept any kind of situation whether it is in your favor or not. You are taught of having the viewpoint of both sides of the coin. The four techniques that prepare you for controlling intense emotions are:
- Pros and Cons of every situation.
- Improving the movement.
This technique shall improve your communication and listening skills. You will be able to express yourself freely, indulge yourself in growth-oriented opportunities and create a long-term relationship. You will cultivate the habit of saying “no” to do things that are creating hurdles in life instead of pushing them in it.
This technique is related to controlling the flow of your emotions in any adverse situation. By controlling the intensity of your emotions, you feel as better human-being and get full control of your life instead of an opposite party taking charge of you. You experience positive emotional experiences keeping away the negative thoughts such as anger, sadness, loneliness.
Besides setting the core strategies individually, the below techniques are developed as a group setting.
- Support – This will encourage and develop the positive strength of your inner-self.
- Behavioral – This will help in studying your behavioral pattern and work on the solutions.
- Collaboration – Thiswill improve yourself to work in a team.
- Cognitive – Thiswill develop skills to work your thought process.
- Skill sets – This aims at improving skills to enhance your capabilities.
- Sharing is caring – You will change your perspective of looking at things, by sharing your feelings and learning to listen to other’s point of view.
- Logical Thinking – Instead of emotional thinking, you will gain to think logically in every situation.
Thus, you should take care of the teens as they are more vulnerable to the adverse situation. The right DBT therapy and guidance will make them stronger as a human-being and set example for coming generations.